Universal Marinade and Grilled or Roasted Meat and Vegetables
Simple Cooking with Heart program presents this simple marinade to use on any type of meat and vegetables. Add your own flavors to taste!
To save time, consider doubling the recipe and keep some on-hand in the refrigerator.
- 3 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. white or apple cider vinegar
- 3 clove fresh garlic (minced) OR
- 2 tsp. jarred, minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. fresh, grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (4 oz) flank or sirloin steaks, all visible fat discarded OR
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (all visible fat discarded)
- 4 pork chops (all visible fat discarded)
- yellow squash cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- portabella mushroom
- 1 bunch green onions
- bell pepper (any color), cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- eggplant (sliced into 1/8 inch discs)
Tip: Go Vegetarian for a night and serve roasted vegetables over brown rice.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Mix and match 3-4 of the vegetables listed (whatever is in-season and/or on-sale) to make a total of about 4 cups.
- 2 Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Place meat in 9x13 inch casserole dish. Cook for 20 minutes. Flip meat.
- 3 Spread vegetables evenly across a cookie sheet. Bake in oven with meat for another 20 minutes.
- 4 Remove meat from oven, let stand. Turn oven to low-broil and broil vegetables 3 minutes or until browned.
Copyright © 2018 American Heart Association, Healthy For GoodTM, heart.org/healthyforgood
|Total Fat||6.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Added Sugars||0 g|
3 lean meat, 1 vegetable
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Universal Marinade and Grilled or Roasted Meat and Vegetables has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box