Avocado-Green Tea Popsicle
This grown-up popsicle is made creamy from the combination of avocado and yogurt. It tastes indulgent without many calories attached to it.
- 1 avocado (halved, pitted)
- 1 banana (peeled, roughly chopped)
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free, plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp green tea matcha powder
- 1 Tbsp honey
Keep it Healthy: Trying to reduce sugar intake? Adding a banana or other ripe fruit, like in this popsicle recipe, is a smart way to add sweetness.
Cooking Tip: Matcha is a finely powdered green tea loaded with many antioxidants, often found at health food stores, if not in the tea aisle of the grocery store. Consider adding 1 to 2 teaspoons into a morning smoothie or make an afternoon drink of fat-free milk, matcha powder, and ice in the blender.
Tip: Add a little ice into this recipe to turn this into a smoothie for 2. Or, sprinkle a little granola into the popsicle molds before filling with the base to make this into a breakfast popsicle.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Halve the avocado and remove the pit. Spoon the avocado's flesh into a food processor or blender, also adding the chopped banana, milk, yogurt, matcha powder, and honey.
- 2 Purée until mixture is smooth.
- 3 Carefully pour mixture into 6 (4-ounce) popsicle molds. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze until firm, at least 8 hours.
- 4 Run the outside of the popsicle mold under warm water to easily remove popsicle from the mold.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visitheart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.8 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.6 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3.3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||13.2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.8 g|
1 other carbohydrate, 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Avocado-Green Tea Popsicle has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box