Mini Meatloaves with Low-Fat Creamed Spinach
Simple Cooking with Heart brings you this classic American comfort meal that is healthy and still full of flavor!
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 lb. extra-lean, ground turkey breast (95%)
- 10 oz. packaged, frozen corn (thawed) OR
- 15 1/4 oz. canned, no-salt-added, or, low-sodium whole kernel corn (drained, rinsed)
- 15 1/4 oz. canned, no-salt-added, or, low-sodium carrots OR
- 12 oz. packaged, frozen, cooked winter squash (thawed)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley leaves OR
- 1 tsp. salt-free, dried Italian spice blend
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats OR
- 3/4 cup crushed, multigrain cereal
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium ketchup
- 1 tsp. dried mustard
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 32 oz. packaged, frozen, chopped spinach (thawed)
- 4 clove fresh garlic (minced) OR
- 2 tsp. jarred, minced garlic
- 4 Tbsp. fat-free cream cheese
- 3/4 cup fat-free, plain yogurt
Tip: Cooking Tips: If using frozen vegetables in the meatloaf, make sure they are thoroughly thawed and drained and rinsed of their water. If not, all the water makes the meatloaf soggy.
Tips: Using a muffin tin helps with portion control and speeds up the cooking time. Leftover meatloaf makes great sandwiches for lunch the next day.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat oven to 400° F.
- 2 In a large bowl, add ground turkey breast, corn, carrots or winter squash, egg, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley or Italian spice blend and oats or multigrain cereal and and stir together.
- 3 Coat a 12-cup nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray (or use two 6-cup muffin pans). Divide meat evenly between each cup. Cook mini meatloaves in the oven for 10 minutes.
- 4 In a small bowl, combine ketchup, dry mustard, water, vinegar and honey. Remove meatloaves from oven and use a spoon to top each mini meatloaf with glaze. Return to oven and cook for 10 more minutes.
- 5 Run a knife around the edge of each muffin cup to loosen the meatloaves.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||4.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||35 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Mini Meatloaves with Low-Fat Creamed Spinach has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box