Simplest Squash Salad
This simple salad will have you coming back for seconds with its tasty heart-healthy ingredients.
- 1 lb. yellow squash or zucchini (or mixture of both, about 4 small)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (if available), if needed
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic or onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. chopped, fresh parsley OR
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp. fat-free Parmesan cheese (grated)
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Slice the squash into extremely thin slices (you can use a vegetable peeler to make ribbons, use a mandolin to make thin slices or julienne with a knife). Set aside in a medium bowl.
- 2 In a small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, pepper, garlic or onion powder, and parsley and whisk thoroughly. Whisk in Parmesan. Add to squash and toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes and serve.
© 2013 American Heart Association
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
1 fat, 1 vegetable
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Simplest Squash Salad has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box