Add these bites of vegetables bursting with flavor to your next meal.
- 1 lb cut carrots (cut in to ¼ inch slices - pennies)
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped bell pepper (any color)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 8 oz canned, no salt added, low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Place carrot slices in a medium pot, cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium-high and cook until crisp-tender (5-8 minutes). Add onion and pepper and boil 1-2 minutes more. Drain vegetables and set aside.
- 2 In the same pot, combine oil, tomato sauce, vinegar, mustard, soy sauce and brown sugar. Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously, until heated through and well mixed. Add vegetables and toss to coat. Serve warm or refrigerate 4 hours and serve as a salad.
© 2013 American Heart Association
|Total Fat||7.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.8 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4.9 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
2 vegetable, 1½ fat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Copper Pennies has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box