Lemon Thyme Chicken Kebabs by Devin Alexander
Tangy lemon juice marries perfectly with fresh thyme giving a true decadence to these quick kebabs! If you’re using wooden skewers be sure to soak them for at least ½ hour (up to a day before) so they don’t burn on the grill. The metal ones obviously don’t need to be soaked.
- 1/3 cup fresh, squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 lb. trimmed, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 20-25 1-inch red onion squares (about ½ cup)
- 4 metal or wooden skewers soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
Tip: Serving size 1 kebab.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, thyme, olive oil, honey, and salt.
- 2 Cut the chicken into 1 1/2 inch cubes. Transfer them to a re-sealable plastic container, and pour the marinade over top. Toss the chicken in the marinade. Put the lid on the container and refrigerate it for at least 6 hours or overnight, rotating it at least once.
- 3 Preheat the grill to high.
- 4 Place a piece of onion on a skewer. Add a cube of chicken, then another piece of onion. Repeat, dividing the chicken between 4 skewers, beginning and ending with onion on each.
- 5 Place them side by side on the grill. Turn the heat to medium, if possible. Cook them for 2 minutes, rotate them ¼-turn and cook them another 1-2 minutes per side until they are no longer pink inside.
Recipe taken from Devin Alexander's THE MOST DECADENT DIET EVER! Copyright © 2008 by Devin Alexander published by Broadway Books, a division of Random House Inc. www.devinalexander.com
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||<1 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Lemon Thyme Chicken Kebabs by Devin Alexander has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box