This Simple Cooking with Heart Zucchini Salad has a Greek slant to it as it includes lemon, olive oil, onion and low fat feta cheese -- all heart healthy staples found in the typical Greek diet!
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced) OR
- 1/2 tsp jarred, minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 large zucchini (grated)
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley (chopped) OR
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill (chopped) OR
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 2 Tbsp red onion (chopped, thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup crumbled, low-fat, or, fat-free feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt (optional)
Cooking Tip: optional variation--for a creamy tartness, add 1/3 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt to the mixture and stir well.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, set aside.
- 2 Wash and dry zucchini, parsley and dill.
- 3 Using a grater, grate (shred) the zucchinis into a medium bowl. (NOTE: if you don’t have a grater, use a vegetable peeler to slice the zucchini into ribbons)
- 4 Mix in parsley, dill, onion and feta.
- 5 Add lemon dressing mixture to the zucchini mixture.
- 6 Chill covered 2 hours or overnight before serving.
Copyright © 2018 American Heart Association, Healthy For GoodTM, heart.org/healthyforgood
|Total Fat||3.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Added Sugars||0 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Zucchini Salad has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box