Chopped Colorful Veggie Salad
This Simple Cooking with Heart salad recipe is bursting with flavor, freshness, some favorite vegetables, and almost all the colors of the rainbow!
- 2 cups packed kale or spinach (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn (thawed)
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes (about 2 medium tomatoes)
- 1 cup peeled, chopped cucumber (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup shelled, frozen edamame (thawed)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion (about 1/2 medium red onion)
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- pepper (to taste)
Cooking Tip: Once the cucumber is peeled and cut in half, let the kids help seed it by using a spoon and scraping down the middle.
Tip: Look for prepackaged chopped kale in the grocery.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||8.4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.1 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||5.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Chopped Colorful Veggie Salad has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box