Caprese Kebabs with Balsamic Drizzle
Kids can help put these easy appetizers together. Cherry tomatoes, basil, and creamy mozzarella glazed with a balsamic drizzle. Served chilled as an appetizer or snack.
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes (red or yellow)
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves (washed)
- 2 part-skim mozzarella string cheese sticks
- 8 wooden skewers
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp no-calorie sugar substitute (granulated, 1 packet)
Tip: Serving size 2 kebabs
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Cut each string cheese stick in to 12 rounds (24 cubes total).
- 2 Assemble each kebab with 3 tomatoes, 3 mozzarella slices and 3 basil leaves (tomato, basil, cheese, tomato, basil, cheese, tomato, basil, cheese). Gently fold the basil leaves 2-3 times before skewering, larger leaves may be torn in half.
- 3 In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil and no-calorie sweetener. Lightly drizzle over skewers before serving.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.6 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7.4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.5 g|
1 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Caprese Kebabs with Balsamic Drizzle has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box