PB and J Spirals by Devin Alexander
I dated a guy who loved peanut butter and jelly. One day just when I’d thrown the last slice of bread into the food processor for bread crumbs, he came home ready for a quick PB&J sandwich between appointments.
I felt bad, so I offered to make him something, but he didn’t think he had enough time to wait. In a pinch, I threw the PB&J on a tortilla. He looked at me like I was nuts and ran out the door with it.
The next morning, I caught him making another one—and I’d already restocked the bread. This recipe is a bit higher in fat than most in the book, but most of the fat comes from peanut butter, which provides good fat. Just be sure to alternate this with higher-fiber, lower-fat snacks.
- 1 whole-wheat flour, low-carb, tortilla (7-1/2” diameter)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. 100% strawberry all-fruit spread (or your favorite flavor)
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Set a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat for about 1 minute, or until hot. Place the tortilla in the skillet. Cook for 20 to 30 seconds per side, or until just warm.
- 2 Place the tortilla on a cutting board. Spread the surface evenly with the peanut butter followed by the fruit spread. Roll into a tube. Slice into 8 equal pieces. Arrange on a serving plate, spiral side up. Serve immediately.
Reprinted from THE BIGGEST LOSER COOKBOOK by Chef Devin Alexander and The Biggest Loser Experts and Cast. © 2006 by Universal Studios Licensing LLLP, The Biggest Loser and NBC Studios, Inc., and Reveille LLC. Permission granted by Rodale, Inc., Emmaus, PA 18098. www.devinalexander.com
Photo Credit: Mitch Mandel
|Total Fat||12.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! PB and J Spirals by Devin Alexander has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box