Quick Chicken Fajitas, Beans and Spanish Rice
Simple Cooking with Heart brings you this healthy version of a Tex Mex favorite -- fajitas! These Quick Chicken Fajitas are served with Black Beans and Spanish Rice.
- non-stick Cooking spray
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins (cut into 1-inch strips)
- 1 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 medium bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- taco-sized tortillas, or corn tortillas (Choose tortillas with the lowest amount of saturated fat, trans fat and sodium.)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1/2 cup jarred salsa (lowest sodium available)
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 16 oz. canned, fat-free, no-salt-added black beans (drained, rinsed)
- 1 cup brown rice (cooked to package instructions)
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat to medium-high and add chicken, cook for 3 minutes until browned.
- 2 Reduce heat to medium and add soy sauce, bell pepper, onions, pepper and cumin. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3 Spoon evenly over tortillas and top with sliced avocado, salsa and/or sour cream (optional).
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||5.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||62 g|
|Dietary Fiber||10 g|
|Added Sugars||0 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Quick Chicken Fajitas, Beans and Spanish Rice has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box