Three-Bean Chili - Delicious Decisions
As more and more canned foods without added salt become available, such as the red kidney beans, pinto beans, and chickpeas (garbanzo beans) used here, it is getting easy to put healthy chili on the table in very little time, with very little effort, and with almost no cleanup involved.
- 28 oz. no-salt-added, diced, canned tomatoes (undrained)
- 15.5 oz. canned, no-salt-added red kidney beans (rinsed, drained)
- 15.5 oz. canned, no-salt-added pinto beans (rinsed, drained)
- 15.5 oz. canned, no-salt-added chickpeas (garbanzo beans) (rinsed, drained)
- 12 oz. light beer (or nonalcoholic)
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free, plain yogurt
- snipped, fresh parsley or cilantro, (optional)
Tip: Serving size 1 3/4 cups
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 In a large saucepan, stir together the tomatoes with liquid, beans, chickpeas, beer, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the desired consistency. Ladle into bowls.
- 2 Top each serving with about 2 tablespoons yogurt. Sprinkle with the parsley.
This recipe is reprinted with permission from American Heart Association Quick & Easy Cookbook, Second Edition, Copyright © 2012 by the American Heart Association. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc. Available from booksellers everywhere.
Like the Recipe? It and Many Others are Available in the Cookbook Below:American Heart Association Quick & Easy Cookbook, 2nd Edition
|Total Fat||2.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||71 g|
|Dietary Fiber||16 g|
4 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 1/2 very lean meat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Three-Bean Chili - Delicious Decisions has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box