Grilled Turkey Cutlets with Honey Mustard Sauce by Devin Alexander
I love making turkey cutlets, especially when I’m in a hurry, because they generally require very little trimming and cook exceptionally quickly.
Whether you pan “fry” them or grill them, as I have done here, they take only a couple of minutes per side.
After basic preparation, I always like to add a simple sauce. I could have thrown together another salsa suggestion here, but wanted to be a bit more creative with this one.
And I’ve gone to upscale sandwich shops and cafes and ordered turkey sandwiches spread with cranberries and sweet mustard or mayonnaise, so I thought that might be a great place to start. I was very pleased very quickly, and I think you will be too.
- 1/4 cup canned cranberry sauce with whole cranberries
- 1 Tbsp. honey mustard
- 1 tsp. honey mustard
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless, trimmed turkey cutlets
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
Tip: Serving size about 3 ½ ounces turkey plus about 1 ½ tablespoons sauce.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat a grill over high heat.
- 2 In a small bowl, mix the cranberry sauce and mustard until well combined. Cover the bowl with a paper towel and microwave on high in 15 second intervals until the mixture is hot and begins to thin slightly, about 30 seconds total. Stir again to combine.
- 3 Rub the oil and then salt and pepper evenly over both sides of each cutlet. Grill the cutlets about 1 minute per side, or until no longer pink in the center. Transfer them to a large plate or platter and top evenly with the sauce. Serve immediately.
Recipes taken from I Can’t Believe It’s Not Fattening by Devin Alexander. Copyright c 2010 by Devin Alexander. Published by Broadway Books, a division of Random House, Inc. www.devinalexander.com.
Photo Credit: Theresa Raffetto
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||trace g|
|Total Carbohydrate||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||trace g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Grilled Turkey Cutlets with Honey Mustard Sauce by Devin Alexander has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box