Tandoori Chicken with Brown Rice
This Simple Cooking with Heart recipe is a popular dish from India of roasted chicken seasoned with spices and yogurt.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins (all visible fat discarded)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice OR
- 1/4 cup jarred lime juice
- 1/2 cup plain, fat-free yogurt
- 3 clove fresh garlic (minced) OR
- 3 tsp. jarred, minced garlic
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup instant brown rice
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2 Place chicken in a 9x9 baking dish and pierce chicken pieces with a fork all over.
- 3 In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, yogurt, garlic, cumin, paprika, turmeric, ginger and pepper.
- 4 Add mixture to chicken, turning to coat, let stand 20 minutes (or refrigerate overnight). Bake for 15 minutes, turn chicken and bake 15 minutes more.
- 5 While chicken bakes prepare rice to package instructions.
- 6 Serve chicken over rice.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||4.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||22 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Added Sugars||0 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Tandoori Chicken with Brown Rice has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box