Spinach Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
Nuts add texture to this easy spinach salad recipe with a homemade dressing.
For information on women and heart disease, visit Go Red for Women. (Link opens in a new window)
- 6 oz. fresh spinach
- 2 medium Italian plum (Roma) tomatoes (sliced crosswise)
- 1 oz. crumbled soft goat cheese (1/4 cup)
- 1 Tbsp. imitation bacon bits
- 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds (dry-roasted)
- 2 tsp. olive oil (extra virgin preferred)
- 2 medium green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
Tip: Serving size 2 cups salad and 2 tablespoons dressing
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 In a large serving bowl, make one layer each, in order, of the spinach, tomatoes, goat cheese, bacon bits and almonds.
- 2 In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the green onions for 1 to 2 minutes, or until almost soft, stirring occasionally. Stir in the remaining dressing ingredients. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the brown sugar is dissolved and the mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally. Pour over the salad.
This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Go Red For Women movement. Recipe copyright © 2016 by the American Heart Association. Look for other delicious recipes in American Heart Association cookbooks, available from booksellers everywhere or online at heart.org/cookbooks..
|Total Fat||6.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
1 vegetable, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Spinach Salad with Orange Vinaigrette has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box