Zesty Avocado and Wild Blueberry Smoothie Bowl
- 1 medium ripe avocado (about 8 ounces), peeled and halved, divided use
- 1 cup ice
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3/4 cup frozen unsweetened wild blueberries, thawed, 1 tablespoon reserved for topping
- 1/2 cup unpeeled English (seedless or hothouse) cucumber slices and 9 slices unpeeled English (seedless or hothouse) cucumber, divided use
- 2 tangerines, finely grated for zest, then peeled and separated into segments
- 2 teaspoons finely grated gingerroot (peeled)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp unsalted almond slices
- 8 small fresh basil leaves
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 In a food processor or high-speed blender, process half the avocado, ice, almond milk, blueberries, 1/2 cup cucumber slices, tangerine zest, gingerroot, and chia seeds for 2 minutes, or until the mixture is creamy.
- 2 Pour the smoothie into serving bowls.
- 3 Cut the remaining avocado half into thin slices. Arrange the slices in a fan shape on top of each smoothie bowl.
- 4 Decoratively arrange the tangerine segments, almonds, and the remaining cucumber slices around the avocado fan. Garnish with the basil.
Recipe copyright© 2017 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Healthy For GoodTM movement. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/recipes.
|Total Fat||10.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||6.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 2 fat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Zesty Avocado and Wild Blueberry Smoothie Bowl has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box