Black Bean Salad (or Salsa)
Serve this Simple Cooking with Heart black bean salad chilled as a great side salad to a meal. Or, warm in the microwave and use as a filling for tacos!
- 1 15.5- oz canned, no-salt-added or low-sodium black beans (drained)
- 1 15- oz canned, no-salt-added or low-sodium kernel corn OR
- 3/4 cup frozen corn (thawed)
- 1 medium diced bell pepper OR
- 1 medium tomato (diced)
- 1/2 cup red onion (diced)
- 1 tsp minced garlic (from jar)
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 juice of lime
Tip: Serve this as a side salad to a meal or warm in microwave and use as a filling for tacos!
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||26 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
1 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Black Bean Salad (or Salsa) has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box