Tomatillo and Chile Pepper Salsa Salad - Delicious Decisions
Try this fresh-tasting, crunchy salsa-style salad with fajitas or grilled chicken or pork. You’ll be surprised at how such a little bit of cheese adds such a big flavor change.
- 1 cup finely chopped, peeled cucumber
- 3 oz. tomatillos (finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 oz. reduced-fat Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4 cubes
- 1 medium Anaheim pepper (seeded, ribs discarded, finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup snipped, fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped green onions (green and white parts)
- 3 to 4 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/8 tsp. salt
Tip: Serving size 1/2 cup
Tip: Rich in vitamin A and a good source of vitamin C, tomatillos resemble small green tomatoes with thin, parchment-like coverings. They have a green tomato/lemon-herb-apple taste. When selecting tomatillos, choose firm ones and pull back the papery skin to make sure there are no blemishes or bruises. Tomatillos are available in the produce section of major supermarkets and in Hispanic markets.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
This recipe is reprinted with permission from the American Heart Association Low-Calorie Cookbook, Copyright © 2003 by the American Heart Association. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc. Available from booksellers everywhere.
|Total Fat||2.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Tomatillo and Chile Pepper Salsa Salad - Delicious Decisions has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box