Pan-Fried Pork-Chop with Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Simple Cooking with Heart helps you follow this traditional pork chop recipe to whip up a delicious dinner favorite. It only takes 45 minutes to prepare and cook, and will serve four. Enjoy with a side of mashed sweet potatoes.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup 100% orange juice
- 1/3 cup low-fat, or, fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg or cinnamon
- 4, 4- oz. pork chops
- 1/2 cup 100%, whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Peel sweet potatoes with vegetable peeler and rinse. Cut into eighths.
- 2 Place potatoes in a large pot adding water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook 20 minutes until tender.
- 3 Drain potatoes and return to pot.
- 4 Add orange juice, sour cream, and nutmeg or cinnamon and mash with a potato masher or fork.
- 1 Trim visible fat from pork chops and lay out on a plate. Sprinkle evenly with salt, pepper, or garlic powder (both sides).
- 2 Sprinkle four on a different plate or shallow dish. Dredge pork in flour.
- 3 Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl pan to coat with oil.
- 4 Add pork to pan, cooking 5 minutes, turn pork over and cook 3-4 minutes or until desired doneness.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||9.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||48 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
3 lean meat, 3 starch
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Pan-Fried Pork-Chop with Mashed Sweet Potatoes has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box