Grilled Chicken with Strawberry and Pineapple Salsa
Grilled pineapple and fresh mint and strawberries combine with tangy lemon and a bit of hot pepper flakes to make an interesting salsa for grilled chicken.
- 2 slice pineapple, each 1/2 inch thick, patted dry
- 1 tsp. canola or corn oil
- 1 cup whole strawberries (diced)
- 3-4 Tbsp. chopped, fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1-2 tsp. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium lemon
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves (about 4 ounces each), all visible fat discarded
- 2 tsp. salt-free steak seasoning blend
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat the grill on medium high. Brush a grill pan or grill rack with the oil. Heat the grill pan or rack on the grill for about 2 minutes, or until hot. Grill the pineapple for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool slightly, about 2 minutes, before chopping
- 2 Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together the remaining salsa ingredients except the lemon. Grate 1 teaspoon lemon zest, reserving the lemon. Stir the zest and chopped pineapple into the strawberry mixture. Set aside.
- 3 Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with the seasoning blend and salt. Grill for 5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the center. Transfer to plates. Squeeze the reserved lemon over the chicken. Serve with the salsa on the side.
This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association’s Face the Fats campaign.
© 2009 by the American Heart Association.
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||38 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|
1 fruit, 3 very lean meat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Grilled Chicken with Strawberry and Pineapple Salsa has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box