Red Beans and Rice with Corn on the Cob
Simple Cooking with Heart helps you whip up an authentic Southern favorite in your own kitchen. This classic dish is full of Cajun seasoning. Including prep time, it only takes 25 minutes!
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 clove garlic (chopped) OR
- 2 tsp. jarred, minced garlic
- kidney beans or red beans or black beans or pinto beans or black eyed peas
- 1/2 tsp. salt-free Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 small white onion (thinly sliced) OR
- 4 scallions (sliced)
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Cook rice to package directions.
- 2 While rice cooks, heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add beans, seasoning and pepper. Cook until heated through, 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3 Add rice to bean mixture.
Copyright © 2018 American Heart Association, Healthy For GoodTM, heart.org/healthyforgood
Like the Recipe? It and Many Others are Available in the Cookbook Below:Sodium Smart Recipe Magazine Copyright © 2018 American Heart Association, Healthy For GoodTM, heart.org/healthyforgood
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||83 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
5 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Red Beans and Rice with Corn on the Cob has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box