Pork Tenderloin with Cranberry Salsa - Delicious Decisions
Pineapple, cranberries, and cinnamon combine in a tangy salsa that's great for the winter holidays and refreshing enough for a hot summer’s day.
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin (all visible fat discarded)
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped, fresh pineapple OR
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunks (packed in their own juice, drained)
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 medium poblano pepper (seeds and ribs discarded, finely chopped)
- 1 tsp. grated, peeled gingerroot
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Cooking Tip: For a milder dish or if poblanos are not available, use a medium green bell pepper instead. If you’d still like a little heat, add 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes to the salsa.
Tip: Serving size 3 ounces pork and 1/2 cup salsa
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- 2 Place the pork on a baking sheet, tucking the narrow end under so the pork is an even thickness.
- 3 In a small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle over the pork. Using your fingertips, gently press the mixture so it adheres to the pork.
- 4 Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the pork registers 150°F on an instant-read thermometer. Transfer to a cutting board. Let stand for about 5 minutes before slicing. The pork will continue to cook during the standing time, reaching about 160°F. It should be a little pink in the center. Serve with the salsa on the side.
This recipe is reprinted with permission from the American Heart Association No-Fad Diet: A Personal Plan for Healthy Weight Loss, Second Edition, Copyright © 2005, 2011 by the American Heart Association. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc. Available from booksellers everywhere.
Like the Recipe? It and Many Others are Available in the Cookbook Below:American Heart Association No-Fad Diet: A Personal Plan for Healthy Weight Loss
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
1 1/2 fruit, 3 very lean meat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Pork Tenderloin with Cranberry Salsa - Delicious Decisions has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box