Honey-Lime Marinated London Broil by Devin Alexander
We all know that Mexican food tends to be on the very heavy side. I try to avoid eating at Mexican restaurants even though they house some of my all-time favorite flavors. This recipe is much more subtle in flavor than most in this book and much leaner than many other marinades with a Mexican flair. It makes the leftovers a great option for so many other dishes - salads, sandwiches, quesadillas, and tacos - with a fraction of the sodium, fat, and calories normally found in these dishes.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. minced, fresh garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 lb. trimmed London broil (top round steak), all visible fat discarded
Tip: Serving size about 3 ounces.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Whisk the lime juice, olive oil, and honey in a small bowl. Stir in the garlic and salt.
- 2 Place the steak in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour in the marinade. Seal the bag and rotate it so the steak is covered with the marinade. Place the bag in the refrigerator and marinate the steak for at least 6 hours or overnight, rotating it occasionally, if possible.
- 3 Preheat a grill to high.
- 4 Remove the steak from the marinade and place it on the grill. Discard the remaining marinade. Grill for 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until the desired doneness is reached. Place the steak on a plate or cutting board, cover loosely with foil, and let stand for 10 minutes. Slice into thin slices against the grain and serve immediately, or refrigerate the uncut steak in an airtight container and slice it just before serving.
Recipe taken from Devin Alexander's THE MOST DECADENT DIET EVER! Copyright © 2008 by Devin Alexander published by Broadway Books, a division of Random House Inc. www.devinalexander.com
Photo Credit: Theresa Raffetto
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||<1 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Honey-Lime Marinated London Broil by Devin Alexander has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box