Here is a delicious Simple Cooking with Heart Italian chicken dish that is a super delicious and pretty straightforward to make.
- 8 oz. whole-wheat angel hair pasta (cooked to package instructions) OR
- 8 oz whole-wheat spaghetti (cooked to package instructions)
- 2 Tbsp. whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (all visible fat discarded, butterflied)
- nonstick Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cup sliced, fresh mushrooms
- 2 tsp. garlic (jarred, minced)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 tsp. salt-free, or, low-sodium Italian seasoning
- 2 medium zucchini (thinly sliced)
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Prepare pasta to package directions – drain, rinse and set aside.
- 2 Mix flour and pepper in a shallow dish. One at a time, place chicken pieces in flour mixture and turn to coat.
- 3 Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, turn to medium heat and add chicken. Cook until no longer pink inside (3-4 minutes per side).
- 4 Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- 5 Re-spray skillet with cooking spray, turn heat to medium-high, and cook mushrooms for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6 Add garlic, lemon juice and chicken stock, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- 7 Add Italian Seasoning and zucchini, bring to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes until zucchini is tender.
- 8 Toss pasta in the skillet with sauce. Serve topped with chicken.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||50 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
|Added Sugars||0 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Chicken Piccata has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box