Yellow Squash Soup (Ogwissimanabo)
Simple Cooking with Heart brings you this great simple vegetable soup with a unique name -- Ogwissimanabo!
This is a traditional Native American soup featuring yellow squash.
- 4 cups water
- 2 medium yellow squash (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Tip: Engage the kids--mashing the squash mixture and cucumbers into a paste is a great way to get the kids involved--consider letting the mixture cool slightly before letting small children mash.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 In a medium pot, bring water to a boil.
- 2 Add squash, onion, salt, and honey.
- 3 Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes.
- 4 Transfer the mixture to a bowl, add cucumbers and mash into a paste.
- 5 Return past to pot, add garlic and pepper and simmer over medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visitheart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||0.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Added Sugars||3 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Yellow Squash Soup (Ogwissimanabo) has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box