Broiled Dijon Tilapia
Mustard and oregano add tang to the crunchy coating on these mild tilapia fillets that rest on a bed of juicy tomato slices broiled right alongside the fish. Add your favorite steamed veggie and some brown rice or another whole grain to complete your meal.
- Cooking spray
- 3 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard (lowest sodium available)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano (crumbled)
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 4 ounces each)
- 1/8 tsp pepper and 1/8 teaspoon pepper (divided use)
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- 2 large tomatoes (each cut crosswise into 6 slices)
Tip: Serving size 3 ounces fish
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat the broiler. Line two small baking sheets or one large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- 2 In a cup, stir together the mayonnaise, mustard, and oregano.
- 3 Put the fish on one of the small baking sheets or half the large baking sheet. Sprinkle the top of the fish with 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Spread the mayonnaise mixture over the top of the fish. Sprinkle with the panko.
- 4 Place the tomatoes on the second baking sheet or the other half of the large baking sheet. Sprinkle the tomatoes with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Lightly spray the fish and tomatoes with cooking spray.
- 5 Broil the fish and tomatoes 6 to 8 inches from the heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and the tomatoes are slightly soft. Transfer the tomatoes to plates. Top with the fish.
This recipe is reprinted with permission from Favorite Family Recipes: 43 Dishes for a Healthy Soul. Copyright © 2014 by the American Heart Association. Published by Publications International, Ltd. Look for Favorite Family Recipes at ShopHeart.org, while supplies last.
|Total Fat||5.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
1/2 starch, 3 lean meat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Broiled Dijon Tilapia has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box