Foods like olive oil, low fat feta cheese, dark leafy greens, beans, onions and tomatoes are all basic Mediterranean ingredients and are featured in this Simple Cooking with Heart salad!
- 1 head lettuce (green leaf, red leaf or romaine), cut into thin strips
- 1 chopped cucumber (peeled if desired)
- 1/2 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 15.5 oz. canned, no-salt-added chickpeas (garbanzo beans) (drained, rinsed)
- 1/2 red onion (finely sliced)
- 1/2 cup crumbled, fat-free, or, low-fat feta OR
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine or cider vinegar
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||5.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Added Sugars||0 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Mediterranean Salad has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box