Mediterranean Tuna Chef Salad
This Simple Cooking with Heart, Classic tuna salad turns into a great Greek chef-style salad with the rich healthy flavors of the Mediterranean.
- 10 oz. canned albacore tuna (drained, packed in water)
- 6 cups packed baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes (1 large tomato) OR
- 1/2 can no-salt-added, diced tomatoes (compare food labels and choose the product with the lowest amount of sodium)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion (about ½ medium onion)
- 1 cup chopped, peeled cucumber (1 medium cucumber)
- 1/4 cup crumbled, reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
Tip: Once the top is cut off, have the kids help squeeze the tomatoes in the sink and watch the seeds pop out.
Tip: Instead of fresh tomatoes, you can use canned diced tomatoes and drain and rinse well. When using canned tomatoes, compare food labels and choose the product with the lowest amount of sodium.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||5.1 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.1 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.9 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.9 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
1 1/2 lean meat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Mediterranean Tuna Chef Salad has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box