Pork Chop with Pizzazz and Cauliflower Mash
Simple Cooking with Heart jazzes up simple pork chops with this spunky savory and touch of sweet sauce. Serve with Cauliflower Mash to take advantage of the scrumptious sauce.
- 4, 4-oz. pork loin chops (thin), lean, without bone
- 1 Tbsp. whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup pineapple or mango preserves (look for preserves with no added or lowest amount of sugar)
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- nonstick Cooking spray
- pepper (to taste)
Cooking Tip: This speedy dinner is ready in minutes, so keep pork chops in your freezer and ingredients in your pantry to pull out for a quick healthy meal.
Tip: Look for family style size packages of pork chop for better prices and freeze whatever you don’t use. Select the “loin” cuts which have lower saturated fat and cut off visible fat before cooking.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Coat large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and brown pork chops over medium-high heat, 3-4 minutes per side. Remove pork chops to plate.
- 2 In the same pan, sprinkle with flour and stir in pineapple preserves and mustard. Gradually add the broth. Bring to a boil, lower heat, stirring about 1-2 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- 3 Return pork chops to the pan and continue cooking about 10 minutes or until meat is done.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||4.2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.4 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.4 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.8 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.3 g|
3 lean meat, 1 other carbohydrate
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Pork Chop with Pizzazz and Cauliflower Mash has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box