Smokey Salmon by Devin Alexander
Wooden grill planks are becoming easier and easier to find these days. Stores like Target, Bed, Bath, & Beyond, Wal-Mart, and K-Mart all carry them. If you can’t find them in store, they are available for purchase online at amazon.com.
Just be sure to pay attention to the type of wood the plank is made from – different varieties of wood will give the food a different flavor. And make sure you read the instructions enclosed with the planks for proper cleaning and care.
Hands-On Time: 5 minutes
Hands-Off Time: 1 hour to pre-soak the plank (Grill needs to be preheated toward the end of this time + 12 minutes grilling time
- 1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 oz. skinless salmon filets
- 1 wooden grill plank (any variety), soaked in water for at least 1 hour
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Place the plank on the grill and preheat the grill to medium heat.
- 2 Rub the oil evenly over the salmon filets. Season them evenly with salt and pepper.
- 3 Carefully open the grill (when the plank is ready, it should smoke and it may crackle; if it begins to warp, flip it over and let it settle). Set the salmon filets side by side on the plank, not touching. Grill for about 6 minutes. Using a spatula, gently loosen the filets (they make stick slightly) and flip them. Grill them 4-6 minutes more, or until the salmon is cooked to your liking. Serve immediately.
Recipes taken from I Can’t Believe It’s Not Fattening by Devin Alexander. Copyright c 2010 by Devin Alexander. Published by Broadway Books, a division of Random House, Inc. www.devinalexander.com
Photo Credit: Theresa Raffetto
|Total Fat||8.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Smokey Salmon by Devin Alexander has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box