Slow-Cooker Tangy Tomato Brisket
Cooked on low for hours, brisket becomes tender and tangy with this barbecue sauce made of paprika, garlic, tomatoes, onion, and herbs
- 15 oz. canned, no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. no-calorie sweetener, granulated, 1 1/2 packets
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper for spice, optional
- 1 small white onion (finely diced)
- 1 lb. sirloin beef roast or steaks, all visible fat discarded
Serving Size 3 ounces cooked beef
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 In slow cooker, combine tomato sauce, vinegar, no-calorie sweetener, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, cayenne (if desired), and onion. Stir gently.
- 2 Add sirloin making sure it is submerged in the barbecue sauce mixture.
- 3 Cook on low setting for 8 hours. Slice and serve with a drizzle of the sauce.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||4.2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.6 g|
|Trans Fat||0.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.3 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
2 vegetable, 3 lean meat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Slow-Cooker Tangy Tomato Brisket has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box