Curry Stuffed Bell Peppers
Stuff any color bell with a mix of onion, ground turkey or chicken, zucchini, curry powder, quinoa or brown rice, and cilantro.
- 4 medium bell peppers (any color) tops cut away, seeds and white membrane removed
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground turkey or chicken
- 1 medium zucchini (diced)
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. no-calorie sweetener, granulated, 1/2 packet
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa (cooked to package instructions)
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh cilantro
Serving size 1 stuffed pepper
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat oven to 375.
- 2 In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- 3 Add turkey and brown - breaking up clumps and stirring until cooked through (it will turn greyish white).
- 4 Add zucchini, curry powder, no-calorie sweetener, cloves, garlic powder and pepper. Stir and cook 2-3 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- 5 Stir in chicken broth, quinoa, and cilantro until well mixed. Spoon ¼ of mixture in to each bell pepper. Place peppers in an 8x8 baking dish, standing up. Add enough water to cover the bottom of the baking dish about 1/8 inch deep.
- 6 Bake 25-30 minutes in preheated oven until peppers are tender and mixture is heated through.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visitheart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||9.2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.1 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2.6 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||51 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
3 lean meat, 3 starch, 2 vegetable
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Curry Stuffed Bell Peppers has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box