Apple Bread Pudding
Whole grain bread, apples and cinnamon make a sweet dessert that is healthy too. Serve warm and enjoy with a glass of skim or low-fat milk!
- cooking spray
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar blend
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves or allspice
- 6 slices light, whole-grain or multigrain bread, cubed
- 3 medium apples (cored, cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup of any one of the following: raisins, dried cranberries, fresh or dried blueberries, chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds (optional)
Keep it Healthy: Optional ingredients are not included in the nutrition analysis
Tip: Serving size 3" X 4" piece
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Pre-heat oven to 350.
- 2 Spray 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3 In large bowl, whisk together egg, egg white, milk, sugar blend, vanilla, cinnamon, and cloves.
- 4 Add bread and apple cubes. Add fruit or nuts if desired. Mix well.
- 5 Pour mixture in to prepared baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||1.2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.3 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||26 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
1 fruit, 1/2 starch
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Apple Bread Pudding has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box