Pork and Green Onion Tacos - Delicious Decisions
Grilling lean pork chops and thinly slicing them is a fast way to get that classic pork flavor found in many Mexican dishes. Grilling the green onions gives them a charred, smoky taste that contrasts with the earthy spinach and sweet tomato.
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 small garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 12 oz. boneless pork loin chops (about 3/4 inch thick), all visible fat discarded
- 8 medium green onions (6 to 8 inches long)
- 8, 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 cups loosely packed shredded spinach or romaine
- 1 medium tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 1 small lime (cut into 4 wedges)
Tip: Serving size 2 tacos.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Lightly spray the grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill on medium.
- 2 In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, and garlic. Set aside.
- 3 In a separate small bowl, stir together the paprika, chipotle powder, and salt. Sprinkle over both sides of the pork. Using your fingertips, gently press the mixture so it adheres to the pork.
- 4 Grill the pork for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until it registers 145°F on an instant-read thermometer. Transfer to a cutting board. Let stand for 3 minutes.
- 5 Grill the green onions for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until they begin to brown. Transfer to the cutting board.
- 6 Warm the tortillas using the package directions.
- 7 Thinly slice the pork diagonally across the grain. Chop the green onions into 1-inch pieces. Layer as follows in the center of the tortillas: the pork, green onions, spinach, and tomato wedges. Spoon the sour cream mixture on top. Serve the tacos with the lime wedges.
This recipe is reprinted with permission from American Heart Association The Go Red For Women Cookbook, Copyright © 2013 by the American Heart Association. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc. Available from booksellers everywhere.
|Total Fat||4.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||29 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
3 lean meat, 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Pork and Green Onion Tacos - Delicious Decisions has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box