Spinach and Red Pepper Flounder with Feta - Delicious Decisions
This is an ideal shove-in-the-oven dinner that's on the table in 30 minutes flat.
- 4 flounder, tilapia, or other white fish fillets (about 4 ounces each)
- 10 oz. frozen, chopped spinach (thawed, squeezed dry)
- 1 cup chopped. roasted red bell peppers, rinsed and drained if bottled
- 1 tsp. dried basil (crumbled)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. olive oil (extra virgin preferred)
- 2 oz. feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. olive oil
Cooking Tip: To thaw a box of spinach quickly, remove the outer wrapper. Put the box of spinach on a microwaveable plate. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 3 1/2 to 4 minutes.
Tip: Serving size 3 oz. fish and 1 cup vegetables and couscous
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- 2 Rinse the fish and pat dry with paper towels. Place the fish fillets in a single layer in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Top each piece with a thin layer of spinach and a single layer of roasted peppers. Sprinkle with the basil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle with the feta.
- 3 Bake for 10 to 12 minutes for flounder, 13 to 15 minutes for tilapia, or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- 4 Meanwhile, prepare the couscous using the package directions. Using a fork, mix in 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon oil.
- 5 To serve, spoon the couscous onto plates. Place the fish on the couscous.
This recipe is reprinted with permission from American Heart Association One-Dish Meals, Copyright © 2003 by the American Heart Association. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc. Available from booksellers everywhere.
|Total Fat||8.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||46 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Spinach and Red Pepper Flounder with Feta - Delicious Decisions has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box