Sweet & Spicy Mustard Dip with Veggie Dippers
Simple Cooking with Heart offers this no-cook, American mustard dip with veggies or even pretzels for a great game-watching snack. If you enjoy the nasal heat that mustard provides, consider increasing the amount of mustard powder to 3 teaspoons—just make sure to taste the level at 2 teaspoons.
- 1/3 cup fat-free cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp. red hot chile flakes (optional)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups baby carrots
Cooking Tip: To quickly soften cream cheese, place in the microwave for about 15 to 20 seconds.
Keep it Healthy: Did you know you can make your own mustard? Simply combine ¼ cup mustard powder with ¼ cup cold water; stir together and let sit 10 minutes. Using mustard powder instead of store-bought mustard has much less sodium.
Tip: Serving size ¼ cup dip + 1 cup vegetables
Tip: While cherry tomatoes and baby carrots make great veggie dippers, you can also slice up cucumbers or cut broccoli or cauliflower florets for dipping too.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 In a medium bowl, add softened cream cheese and sour cream.
- 2 Add honey, vinegar, mustard powder, and (optional) chile flakes. Stir until lumps are dissolved and mixture is combined, at least 1 minute. Taste, adding an additional teaspoon of mustard powder, depending on preference.
- 3 Serve immediately with cherry tomatoes and baby carrots; or let chill in the fridge for a couple hours before serving.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
|Total Fat||1.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.3 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.4 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
2 vegetable, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 lean meat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Sweet & Spicy Mustard Dip with Veggie Dippers has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box