Broiled Asparagus Spears with Lemon
Savor the tangy flavor of asparagus in Spring with lemon flavor.
For information on women and heart disease, visit Go Red for Women. (Link opens in a new window)
- 2 medium lemons thinly sliced (about 8 slices each)
- 1 lb medium asparagus spears (about 24)
- Cooking spray
- 2 tsp olive oil (extra virgin preferred)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
Tip: Serving size 6 asparagus spears
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat the broiler.
- 2 Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil. Arrange the lemon slices close together in a single layer in the pan. Arrange the asparagus spears in a single layer on the lemon slices. Lightly spray the asparagus with cooking spray.
- 3 Broil about 4 inches from the heat for 6 minutes, or until just tender-crisp.
- 4 Transfer the asparagus to a serving plate. Drizzle the oil over the asparagus. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Drizzle with any accumulated juices from the broiler pan. Place the lemon slices on or around the asparagus.
This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Go Red For Women movement. Recipe copyright © 2016 by the American Heart Association. Look for other delicious recipes in American Heart Association cookbooks, available from booksellers everywhere or online at heart.org/cookbooks.
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Broiled Asparagus Spears with Lemon has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box