Espresso Minute Steaks - Delicious Decisions
- 1/2 cup strong coffee OR
- 1 tsp. instant coffee granules (dissolved in 1/2 cup water)
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce (lowest sodium available)
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. canola or corn oil and 1 tsp. canola or corn oil
- 4 minute steaks or thin round steaks (about 4 ounces each)
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped green onions, (optional)
Tip: Cooking the steaks in two batches ensures that they have more room and thus will brown, not stew.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 In a small bowl, stir together the coffee, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and salt. Set aside.
- 2 In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook 2 steaks for 1 minute. Turn over. Cook for 30 seconds, or until barely pink in the center. Transfer to a platter. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and remaining steaks.
- 3 Stir the coffee mixture into the pan drippings, scraping to dislodge any browned bits. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 3 minutes, or until the mixture is reduced to 2 tablespoons, stirring frequently. Pour over the beef. Sprinkle with the green onions.
This recipe is reprinted with permission from American Heart Association Quick & Easy Cookbook, Second Edition, Copyright © 2012 by the American Heart Association. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc. Available from booksellers everywhere.
Like the Recipe? It and Many Others are Available in the Cookbook Below:American Heart Association Quick & Easy Cookbook, 2nd Edition
|Total Fat||5.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
3 lean meat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Espresso Minute Steaks - Delicious Decisions has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box