Egg and Cheese Wrap
Try this heart-healthy recipe from the American Heart Association and Go Red For Women 2016-17 Real Woman Chef Amanda DeJesus.
Amanda DeJesus had a heart transplant at age 15. She pursued a culinary career to help other heart patients maintain a healthy lifestyle. The Houston chef combined her culinary training with her heart disease experience to inspire heart patients to eat a heart-healthy diet without giving up the foods they love.
Today Amanda, who was 28 in 2016, teaches heart patients how to modify their favorite recipes, find heart-healthy foods at the grocery store and change their eating habits.
- 1 fat-free whole-wheat flour tortilla (warm)
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 2 Tbsp tomatoes (diced)
- 1 large egg white (scrambled)
- 1 oz Swiss cheese (low-fat)
- freshly-ground pepper (to taste)
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2 Add diced tomato and cook for 1 minute.
- 3 Add egg white to the skillet and cook, stirring, until cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Season with black pepper.
- 4 Spread avocado in center of tortilla. Place egg mixture on top of avocado and sprinkle with cheese.
- 5 Fold tortilla burrito style and slice in half.
©2016, American Heart Association. Also known as the Heart Fund. TM Go Red trademark of AHA, Red Dress trademark of DHHS. 218-1188-O
|Total Fat||9.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||5.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
2 vegetable, 1/2 fat, 2 lean meat, 1 starch
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Egg and Cheese Wrap has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box