Lemon-Garlic Salmon Foil Pack with Green Beans and New Potatoes
Salmon has never been easier to cook, wrapped up in a packet to bake in the oven. As an extra bonus, crunchy green beans and garlicky potato slices are added for a complete meal.
- 1 lb new potatoes (halved, thinly sliced)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 1 lb green beans (ends trimmed)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4, (6-ounce) skinless salmon filets
- 1 to 2 lemons, sliced into wheels
Cooking Tip: If you can’t find new potatoes, peel and thinly slice Russet potatoes. Cook in the microwave until almost tender before adding to the foil packet. Because Russet potatoes are so much larger and denser than new potatoes, they need a longer cooking time.
Keep it Healthy: Remember that wild salmon not only has less calories than farm-raised salmon but also has almost half the amount of saturated fat.
Tip: If the green beans are extra-long, halve so they fit neatly into the foil package.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Make 4 sheets of aluminum foil about 30 inches long. Fold the foil in half widthwise (into almost a square) so it's extra sturdy.
- 2 Cut each potato into half lengthwise. Thinly cut each half into ⅛-inch slices and place into a heatproof container. Stir in the minced garlic, cover, and cook the potatoes in the microwave until halfway tender, around 90 seconds to 3 minutes, depending on microwave’s power. Transfer mixture to a bowl, along with green beans, oil, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine.
- 3 Divide potato mixture into 4 equal portions into the center of each foil square. If possible, nudge green beans to face the same direction. Top each portion with salmon fillet in the same direction as green beans for easier folding. Sprinkle garlic powder onto each salmon piece; top with 2 lemon wheels.
- 4 Securely seal the top and sides of each foil packet. Place each foil packet onto a large baking sheet and bake into the preheated oven. Cook until salmon is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- 5 Remove from oven and place each foil packet onto a plate. Carefully open each packet to serve.
Copyright © 2017 American Heart Association, Healthy For GoodTM, heart.org/healthyforgood
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||6.8 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23.1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5.1 g|
|Added Sugars||0 g|
5 lean meat, 1 starch, 2 vegetable
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Lemon-Garlic Salmon Foil Pack with Green Beans and New Potatoes has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box