Grilled Lemon-Garlic Chicken with Grilled Okra
Crunchy and addictive, this will be your new go-to for preparing okra. Grilling it wipes out the sliminess that most people associate with this misunderstood vegetable. For this dish, the okra is paired with lemony chicken breasts.
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 to 4 lemons)
- 6 to 8 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbsp minced, fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp canola oil (divided)
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless, thinly sliced chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (divided)
- 3 lb okra
Cooking Tip: For an extra oomph to the recipe, grill lemon slices or lemon halves with the chicken. Serve alongside the chicken for garnish.
Keep it Healthy: Looking for a surprising, addictive appetizer or side for a cookout? Whip up a batch of these grilled okra. Serve with a dip of lemon zest, scallions, dill, and fat-free sour cream.
Tip: Bigger doesn’t necessarily mean better when it comes to selecting okra. Just a few inches is best for tender okra; past 5 or 6 inches leads to okra that is too tough.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Into a small bowl, add lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, garlic powder, and 1 tablespoon oil. Add chicken into a large Ziploc bag along with marinade. Seal the bag, place in the refrigerator, and let marinate anywhere from 2 hours to 12 hours.
- 2 To cook, prepare the grill to high heat. Coat the grates with nonstick cooking spray
- 3 Remove chicken from marinade, discarding the marinade and wiping most of it off the chicken. Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place on the grill; cook until chicken is done, about 7 to 10 minutes and registering 165 degrees F on a meat thermometer. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
- 4 Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add okra. Season with 1 tablespoon oil, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 5 Add okra to the grill, placing okra in the opposite direction of the grates (or alternatively, use a grilling basket or place okra on skewers). Grill until okra are blistered and tender on each side, about 6 to 8 minutes total.
- 6 Serve okra with the reserved chicken.
|Total Fat||8.6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.3 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.8 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3.6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||25.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|
5 lean meat, 5 vegetable
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Grilled Lemon-Garlic Chicken with Grilled Okra has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box