Turkey Sliders with Avocado, Mushrooms, and Swiss Cheese
These mini turkey burgers just melt in your mouth thanks to gooey cheese, warm mushrooms, and creamy avocado.
- 8 whole-grain slider buns (lowest sodium available)
- 11/4 lbs ground, skinless turkey breast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sliced brown (crimini) mushrooms
- s slices low-fat Swiss cheese
- s small avocados (mashed with a fork)
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 8 slices (about 1/4-inch thick)
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- 2 Arrange the buns with the cut side up in a single layer on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- 3 Using your hands or a spoon, shape the turkey into 8 patties, each about 3 inches in diameter. (The uncooked patties will be larger than the bun and will shrink as they cook.) Sprinkle the salt over each patty.
- 4 Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle pan over medium-high heat.
- 5 Cook the patties for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn over the patties. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the patties are no longer pink in the center and register 165°F on an instant-read thermometer.
- 6 Transfer the patties to the bottoms of the buns.
- 7 In the same skillet, cook the mushrooms over medium heat for about 3 minutes, or until soft, stirring frequently.
- 8 Spoon the mushrooms onto each patty. Top with the Swiss cheese.
- 9 Place the baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven. Bake the sliders for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the Swiss cheese is melted and the buns are heated through. Remove from the oven.
- 10 Spread the avocado over the Swiss cheese. Top with the tomato slices. Put the tops of the buns on the sliders.
- 11 Using four short skewers, pierce two sliders with each skewer. Serve immediately.
Recipe copyright© 2017 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Healthy For GoodTM movement. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/recipes.
|Total Fat||15.2 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||7.8 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||38 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
2 starch, 1 vegetable, 5 lean meat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Turkey Sliders with Avocado, Mushrooms, and Swiss Cheese has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box