Grilled Avocado with Strawberry and Honey
This fresh summer dessert is a perfect finale to any grilled entrée. It’s sweet, simple, and super delicious.
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups hulled strawberries (quartered)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 small avocados (halved, pitted)
- 2 Tbsp chopped, fresh mint
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 In a small bowl, gently stir together the strawberries and honey. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally to let the strawberries macerate and release their natural juices.
- 2 When the strawberries are ready, preheat the grill on medium high.
- 3 Lightly spray each avocado with cooking spray. Place the avocados on the grill with the stem side facing 10 o’clock. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes. Rotate the avocados so that the stem side is facing 2 o'clock. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the avocado halves to plates with the flesh side up.
- 4 Remove the strawberry mixture from the refrigerator. Fold in the mint.
- 5 Spoon the strawberry mixture over each avocado half and serve.
Recipe copyright© 2017 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Healthy For GoodTM movement. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/recipes.
|Total Fat||11.3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.6 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||7.4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
2 fat, 1 fruit, 1 vegetable
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Grilled Avocado with Strawberry and Honey has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box