Beef Kabobs with Avocado Tzatziki Sauce
These delicious Greek-influenced kabobs are cooked indoors so you can easily enjoy this dish all year round. Serve on a bed of whole-grain couscous or with whole-wheat pita bread.
- 1 cup fat-free, plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 medium cucumber (peeled, cut into large chunks)
- 1/2 avocado (cut into large chunks)
- 1 Tbsp chopped, fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano (crumbled)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary (crushed)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper (freshly-ground)
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 In a food processor or blender, process all the sauce ingredients until smooth. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
- 2 In a medium bowl, using your hands or a spoon, combine the kabab ingredients. Divide the mixture into 12 portions. Shape each portion into an oblong patty on the end of a 6-inch skewer. Transfer the skewers to a large plate or baking sheet.
- 3 Lightly spray a grill pan or large skillet with cooking spray.
- 4 Cook the skewers for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the beef is no longer pink and the beef juices run clear, turning on all sides for even browning. Transfer to a serving platter.
- 5 Spoon the sauce over the skewers or spoon it into a bowl for dipping.
Recipe copyright© 2017 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Healthy For GoodTM movement. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/recipes.
|Total Fat||9.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.8 g|
|Trans Fat||0.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4.7 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
1 vegetable, 4 lean meat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Beef Kabobs with Avocado Tzatziki Sauce has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box