Chilled Avocado Gazpacho
This no-cook dish with its vibrant color makes a great appetizer or starter soup.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cups yellow cherry tomatoes and (optional) 8 cherry tomatoes, divided use
- 1 large cucumber (peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 medium green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp minced, fresh jalapeño (seeds and ribs discarded)
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 large cooked shrimp
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 In a food processor or blender, process the water, avocado, and vinegar until smooth.
- 2 Add 2 cups yellow cherry tomatoes, the cucumber, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, garlic, and salt, processing until smooth.
- 3 Cover and refrigerate the soup for at least 1 hour (it may be foamy and will need time to settle).
- 4 Using 8 cocktail skewers, pierce 1 shrimp and 1 of the remaining 8 cherry tomatoes with each skewer. Garnish the soup with the skewers.
Recipe copyright© 2017 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Healthy For GoodTM movement. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/recipes.
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
1 fat, 1 vegetable
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Chilled Avocado Gazpacho has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box