Oaxacan Avocado Jicama Appetizer
Try this unique avocado appetizer recipe using jicama, a Mexican root vegetable, for a crispy and healthy alternative to crackers.
- 12 large very thin slices jícama
- 1 large slightly firm but ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and coarsely grated
- 1/3 cup diced slightly firm but ripe mango
- 1 tablespoon minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon shelled, unsalted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 tablespoon chili verde (green salsa) (lowest sodium available)
- Grated lime zest (from 1 or 2 medium limes)
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
Copyright © 2018 American Heart Association.
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
1 vegetable, 1 fat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Oaxacan Avocado Jicama Appetizer has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box