Avocado Lemon-Ginger Vichyssoise
This traditional French chilled soup recipe has a nice twist, avocado and tofu. Great for vegetarians, those avoiding dairy, and everyone.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 medium to large avocado, pitted, flesh scooped out and transferred to a small bowl
- 4 oz soft, light tofu (drained, patted dry)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated, peeled gingerroot
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped, unsalted almonds
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Pepper to taste (freshly ground preferred)
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 In a food processor or blender, process the water, avocado, tofu, lemon juice, and gingerroot until smooth.
- 2 Transfer the mixture to a container with a lid. Cover and refrigerate to chill.
- 3 To serve, ladle the vichyssoise into serving bowls. Sprinkle each serving with the almonds, chives, and pepper.
Copyright © 2017 American Heart Association.
|Total Fat||13.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||8.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
1 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 2 fat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Avocado Lemon-Ginger Vichyssoise has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box