Avo-Fredo Zoodles - Avocado Alfredo Zucchini Noodles
"Zoodles" or zucchini noodles, are a fresh and lower carbohydrate alternative to pasta noodles. This savory recipe pairs them with a creamy, dairy-free avocado Alfredo sauce for a healthy meal for all ages.
- 4 Tbsp olive oil (extra virgin preferred, divided use)
- 15-20 peeled, raw, medium shrimp (rinsed, patted dry)
- 2 to 3 medium to large unpeeled zucchini, ends trimmed
- 1 medium avocado (peeled, pitted, cut)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium garlic cloves
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the shrimp for about 4 minutes, or until pink on the outside, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Transfer the shrimp to a large bowl. Cover to keep warm. Wipe the skillet with paper towels.
- 2 Put the zucchini on a cutting board. Using a spiralizer, julienne peeler, or mandoline, make zoodles from the zucchini.
- 3 In the same skillet, still over medium heat, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, swirling to coat the bottom. Put the zoodles in the skillet.
- 4 In a food processor, process the avocado, basil, lemon juice, and garlic until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- 5 Stir the sauce into the zoodles. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the zoodles are tender and the sauce is heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in the shrimp. Cook for 1 minute.
Copyright © 2017 American Heart Association.
|Total Fat||22.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||15.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
2 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 3 fat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Avo-Fredo Zoodles - Avocado Alfredo Zucchini Noodles has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box