Ice and a blender give a frothy consistency to the American coffee drink recipe without any extra fat. This low-calorie treat is tastier and healthier than anything a barista can whip up.
- Dash of unsweetened cocoa powder or ground cinnamon to garnish (optional)
- ¾ cup strongly-brewed chilled coffee
- 1 cup ice cubes
- ¼ cup 1 percent milk
- 3 tablespoon granulated sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cooking Tip: To brew extra-strong coffee, use 4 to 6 tablespoons of coffee grounds to 1 cup of water, depending on your desired strength. Also store-bought or homemade cold-brewed coffee concentrate can be substituted for the strong brewed coffee.
Keep it Healthy: While 1 percent milk gives this drink a touch more of creaminess, fat-free milk can also be used with the same delicious results.
Tip: If you enjoy your coffee ultra-frothy, add a few more ice cubes to increase the froth experience.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 Into a blender, add coffee, milk, 2 tablespoons sugar substitute, vanilla extract, and ice.
- 2 Puree mixture until smooth, about 1 minute. Taste, adding 1 more tablespoon of sugar substitute, depending on desired sweetness. Purée again.
- 3 Pour drink into a large glass. Sprinkle with dash of unsweetened cocoa or ground cinnamon, if desired, and drink immediately.
Copyright © 2017 American Heart Association, Healthy For GoodTM, heart.org/healthyforgood
|Total Fat||0.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
1/2 other carbohydrate
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Coffee Frappe has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box