Blackened Fish with Strawberry Kiwi Salsa
Simple Cooking with Heart offers this tasty fish with a kick in under 10 minutes. This recipe combines a delicious seasoning that's perfect with our strawberry kiwi salsa.
- 4-4 oz fillet fish (4 ounces each; flaky white fish like tilapia, flounder or sole, or red fish work well – look for something you like that’s on sale)
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup diced strawberries (about ½ pound) (you can substitute cantaloupe melon or mango based on what is in season or on sale)
- 1 medium peeled, diced kiwi
- 1/2 medium peeled, diced cucumber
- 2 Tbsp chopped, fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion (optional)
- 1/4 medium seeded, minced jalapeño (optional)
Tip: If time permits, make 1-2 hours before serving to allow juices and flavors to blend.
Tip: Click on step to mark as complete.
- 1 In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients (chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika and salt)
- 2 Generously coat fish with seasoning mixture on one side.
- 3 Spray frying pan or skillet with cooking spray, heat over high heat. Place fish in pan, seasoning side down and cook for 3 minutes. While cooking generously coat the other side with seasoning mixture. Flip fish and cook for 3 minutes longer.
Copyright © 2018 American Heart Association, Healthy For GoodTM, heart.org/healthyforgood
Like the Recipe? It and Many Others are Available in the Cookbook Below:Sodium Smart Recipe Magazine Copyright © 2018 American Heart Association, Healthy For GoodTM, heart.org/healthyforgood
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
1/2 fruit, 3 lean meat
Please sign in to add recipes to your Recipe Box.Log In
Success! Blackened Fish with Strawberry Kiwi Salsa has been added to your Recipe Box.Go to Recipe Box